The National Policy on Education 1986 proposed that “Mathematics should be considered as the vehicle to train a child, to think, reason, analyze and to think logically. There is a shift in treating mathematics education as an instrument for the National development to the growth of a child’s abilities. The objective of Top School In Noida Expressway’ mathematics curriculum at the elementary and secondary level is to provide students opportunities to be equipped with important Mathematics needed for better educational, professional, and social choices. It empowers students to investigate, make sense of, and construct mathematical meanings from new situations. By learning Mathematics, students must be able to develop logical thinking and reasoning. They must also be able to find out Mathematics in all walks of life including art and other different areas. They should not find the subject in isolation with other subjects or life, rather be able to make use of their learning in day-to-day life.
There is a wide range of design models that aim to embed learning within real-world contexts, including:
- laboratory, workshop, or studio work;
- problem-based learning;
- case-based learning;
- cooperative (work- or community-based) learning.
- An important pedagogical value of laboratory classes is that they enable students to move from the concrete (observing phenomena) to the abstract (understanding the principles or theories that are derived from the observation of phenomena). In Mayoor school Noida, they provide well equipped Mathematics lab to enable students to design and create objects to give students hands-on experience in choosing and using common scientific trades equipment appropriately.
- Project-based learning(PBL) is a great way to help students deepen their conceptual knowledge of key academic concepts. The PBL process combines the application of mathematics content with 21st-century skills such as problem-solving, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.
Working in groups, students identify what they already know, what they need to know. In Mayoor school, School In Noida, students demonstrate their capabilities while working independently PBL.
Under PBL, students of Mayoor school, have shown their creativity, integrated approach with arts, social science, science, sports, etc through some magnificent projects like shown below-
- Case-Based Learning is an approach used widely where students apply their knowledge to a real-world situation. Mayoor school teachers create cases that represent authentic workplace situations to encourage students to apply knowledge gained from the classroom or by doing any research work to solve the case.
- Cooperative Learning is an educational approach that aims to organize or create classroom activities into academic and social learning experiences. In Mayoor school, teachers give a group task or a question to be discussed with their group members. Teachers applied different types of strategies like:
- Numbered head together
- Round robin, etc
Many top CBSE schools are on the correct path to achieve their goal and train their students as well as teachers to be well equipped with 21st-century skills.
Prestigious teachers of Mayoor School, Best Schools In Noida take the pain to teach 21st-century skills to their students through problem-solving, creative, art-based activities which helps them to develop all such skills. If the students are given this freedom to think, create and innovate, they will be the new innovators of this developing nation and will help make it a developed nation.