Do you dream of migrating to the Isle of Man after achieving an Innovator visa? If yes, read this blog. Here, we will familiarize you with the necessary documents you need to submit when applying for this visa. Besides that, we will also provide you with some other necessary information.
The documents you need for the Isle of Man Innovator visa application:
When applying, you will be required to provide a Letter of Endorsement given by the Department for Enterprises of the Isle of Man Government.
You will also be required to provide:
- A current passport or you can provide other valid travel identification
- Bank statements as proof that you have had a minimum of £945 in savings in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before applying. This proof is for making sure that you can keep yourself. Another thing to remember is that this amount must be separated from the money from your investment fund.
- Evidence that you fulfill the English language requirements (see below)
- Proof of your investment funds (if planning to set up a new business)
- Tuberculosis test results if you come from a country where this test is required
You will also be required to have a blank page in your passport for your visa.
It’s a must-do for you to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English.
You can be asked for additional documents. This is dependent on your circumstances.
English language competency requirements:
The following are the English language competency Innovator visa requirements:
You will be required to prove your English language competency when you apply for the Innovator visa.
You can prove your competency by either:
- Passing a recognized English language test with a minimum of CEFR level B2 in writing, reading, listening and speaking.
- Possesses an academic qualification taught in English and is accredited by UK NARIC as being comparable to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or Ph.D.
You are not required to prove your competency if already provided it to be level B2 or above in an earlier successful application.
You must evaluate your business idea or business by the Department for Enterprise before applying.
They will give you an endorsement letter if finding your business viable.
You will also be required:
- Fulfill the English language eligibility criteria (see above)
- Be 18 at least
- Be capable of proving that you have sufficient personal savings to support yourself while being in the Isle of Man
Read carefully the requirements for an Innovator visa in the Isle of Man Immigration Rules before applying.