Users of QuickBooks may come across the WDDM service not running error while attempting to update Windows. This problem is typically a result of a corrupt or missing.dll file connected to QuickBooks. This post will provide all the details related to resolving WDDM service not running in QuickBooks error.
- To begin, sign in to your system as the administrator.
- After the computer restarts, keep hitting the F8 key until the Advanced boot choices appear on the boot screen.
- Choose the Safe mode with Networking option.
- Check if the system drivers are updated to the latest version.
- Now, press the Win + E keys to launch File Explorer.
- Following that, right-click My Computer and choose the Manage option.
- Then, click on System Tools.
- Right-click and choose the Driver tab to check for any available updates.
- Update all necessary drivers to ensure that your machine has the most recent version of Windows.
- Now, choose Settings from the Start menu.
- Select About.
- Finally, click on Start.
- Under Windows Specs in the About section, check the version.
- Users should be able resolve the QuickBooks WDDM Service error by following the directions above.
- If the snag still appears after using this step, try the next one.