Aspirants should appear for USMLE Step 1 before taking to the second step and evaluation of clinical skills. The United States Medical Licensing Examination is necessary to take for medical students. By this, aspirants can have expertise and knowledge in the field. This is the step that helps with correct comparison and evaluation of aspirants trying to crack step 1.
Who is Eligible to Take the Test?
If you want to take the test, you have to qualify for one of the following:
- A medical student studying or a graduate in the US or Canadian Medical School Program would take the MD degree.
- A student studying with or a graduate of US medical school that includes completion of DO degree
These are under two different medical education committees to help the students who wish to start their careers in this field.
When Can One Take the Test?
One can take it every year, most students attempt it at the end of the second year. It is important to choose the correct time to appear for the exam. If you are ready, then only you should go for it. Two unique features of these steps are:
- It assesses how you can apply the skills, how’s your approach to real-life problems, values, and how well you can handle any patient-centric problem
- As per residency program heads, this exam is the primary criterion to select the graduating medical students for suitable residency study programs
The above are the two important reasons to plan strategically to crack USMLE prepare it with time and crack it in the first attempt. The score in USMLE Step 1 would help evaluate a student better and know about the experience and knowledge of the student in the field. So, consider appearing for the test if only you are confident about it and have good preparation.
What are the Basics Tricks of Success for Step 1?
The basic tricks help have good prep support and know-how to overcome and crack it in the first attempt:
- Applicants have to be familiar with the type of question in the exam, the exam structure. By this, one can prepare better and would have an idea of how to face it
- Try to plan study time efficiently and know how to make the most of it and get suitable results
- Try to apply a hypothetical situation to apply in a condition for test
- One should have complete preparation for the exam